SONY PMW F3
The Sony PMW-F3 is one of the latest members of Sony’s CineAlta lineup. The PMW-F3 is equipped with the newly developed Exmor Super 35 CMOS image sensor, PL lens mount, and SxS card for 1920 x 1080 full-HD recording.
$400.00 P/DAY + 10% INS & GST – Auckland | Wellington
The PMW-F3 features include RGB 4:4:4 baseband output with S-LOG gamma for external recording which means it can be used in an HDCAM-SR workflow. It also offers a 3D-LINK option, which allows two camcorders to be controlled simultaneously for 3D stereoscopic shooting.
- The PMW-F3 is equipped with a newly developed Exmor Super 35 CMOS image sensor which offers creative shallow depth of field, similar to that of a film camera. This sensor has an extremely high sensitivity of F11 (ISO800) with a very low noise level (an S/N ratio of 63 dB).
- The PMW-F3 employs a PL lens mount that is standard for film cameras, allowing use of a virtually unlimited number of prime and zoom lenses for 35-mm film cameras.
- The recording format and recording media are identical to the existing PMW-EX1R and PMW-EX3.
- The PMW-F3 has an HD-SDI Dual-link output connector which offers up to 4:4:4, 1080 50/59.94p uncompressed signal output as standard. By using external recording devices, users can achieve x 2.5 natural slow-motion playback in 1080/24p mode.
- The PMW-F3 delivers a scalable external recording solution. When the RGB and S-LOG output option is added, RGB 4:4:4 baseband signal output is available for external recording devices such as HDCAM-SR recorders.
- Camera Body
- 2 x 32 Gig
- Stereo Mic
- Sachtler Video 18 or Video 20 Tripod – based on availability
Additional items available at additional cost:
- Custom Shoulder rig
- Small HD DP6 Montior
- Chrosziel Mattebox and Follow Focus
- Cineroid EVF with HDMI to SDI Loop out
|Sensor||Exmor Super 35mm equivalent CMOS|
|Recording Format (Video)||HD HQ Mode: MPEG-2 MP@HL, 35 Mbps / VBR|
HD SP Mode: MPEG-2 MP@H-14,25 Mbps
|Recording Format (Audio)||LPCM (16 bits, 48 kHz, 2 channels)|
|Recording Frame Rate||HD HQ Mode: 1920 x 1080/59.94i, 50i, 29.97P, 25P,23.98P; 1440 x 1080/59.94P, 50P, 29.97P,25P, 23.98P; 1280 x 720/59.94P, 50P, 29.97P, 25P,23.98P|
HD SP Mode: 1440 x 1080 /59.94i, 50i (23.98P is converted to 59.94i in 2-3 pulldown processing)
|Recording/Playback Time||HQ Mode:|
Approx. 100 min with SBP-32 (32 GB) memory card
Approx. 50 min with SBP-16 (16 GB) memory card
Approx. 25 min with SBP-8 (8 GB) memory card
Approx. 140 min with SBP-32 (32 GB) memory card
Approx. 70 min with SBP-16 (16 GB) memory card
|Shutter Speed (Time)||1/32 to 1/2000 sec|
|White Balance||Preset (3,200 K), Memory A, Memory B/ATW|
|Mass||Approx. 2.4 kg (5 lb 4.7 oz) without accessories|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||151 x 189 x 210 mm (6 x 7 1/2 x 8 3/8 inches)|
|Battery Operating Time||Approx. 130 min (HD-SDI Dual Link ON, w/BP-U60)|
Approx. 170 min (HD-SDI Dual Link OFF, w/BP-U60)